Prothious offers in-depth, multi-disciplinary capabilities in a variety of engineering fields including: civil, electrical, instrumentation, mechanical, piping and structural. Furthermore, through decades of experience, we provide extensive expertise in design, detailed engineering, detailing and shop drawings, 2D drawing conversions, intelligent 3D plant modeling (SmartPlant), as-built engineering, tower design, substation design and project and construction management.
Electrical Substation Design Services
With extensive electrical engineering expertise, we can design and detail electrical substations that deliver on-line safety and efficiency in accordance with IEC, IEEE, NEC, NEMA, BS, IS and other international standards.
Our offerings includes:
- Load flow studies
- Selection of HV/LV switchgear, motor control centers
- Selection of AC/DC UPS
- Selection of power/distribution transformers
- Selection of electrical equipment
- Designing supply change over schemes for incoming and outgoing feeder control schemes
- Selection of feeder/motor/transformer protection relays
- Switchyard/transformer layouts
- Switchgear/MCC room/battery room layout
- Cable tray/trench layouts
- Cable routing/earthing layouts
- Lighting (indoor/outdoor) layouts
- Lightning protection layouts
- Power and control cable schedules and cable drum schedules
- SCADA I/O list
- Preparing specifications for HV/LV switchgear, motor control centre, MV/LV motors, power/distribution transformers, lighting/small power distribution boards, AC/DC UPS, lighting fixtures, power/control cables, cable trays, earthing materials, etc.
- Bill of Quantities and Materials list or BOM
- Standard installation drawings for power systems, earthing systems, lighting systems and cable tray/ladders, etc.
- Preparation of interconnection diagrams between various equipment
- As-built the project drawings/documentation
Project Management and On-Site Resources
For both large and small jobs, Prothious can deliver resources and immediate customer service around the globe.
For some projects, we offer resources for secondment or the on-site placement of a Prothious architect, draftsman, engineer, detailer, designer or project manager. These resources can provide on-site engineering and technical capabilities, coordinate with other trades, organize contractors, interact with architects and engineers, orchestrate procurement, manage and track revisions and help with shop scheduling and field coordination.
The team at Prothious has pioneered the overseas engineering business since its inception in the mid-1990s. Within the lifetime of this industry, our accomplished engineers and staff members have worked on an expansive range of projects, from unique and complex to large and industrial, have completed more work than the competition and have successfully executed the most sought-after jobs.
Beyond talented professionals, however, Prothious continually develops innovative systems and a collaborative culture to ensure our competitive edge. Our internal systems and processes enable our talent to produce timely, accurate work on a consistent basis. Additionally, we maintain an open, productive culture that keeps all team members in the information loop.
We are acutely responsive to client needs, ask the right questions at the right time, and facilitate smooth communication flow throughout an entire project. Ultimately, our unique culture and internal systems allow us to deliver a consistent, on time, high-quality product for every project.
Please contact us to learn more about our unique approach, our wide range of services and how we can help you reduce costs and increase revenue.